A voice for women and a force for change
Photo courtesy Liverpool Neighborhood Connections
Sydney Women’s Fund has been at the forefront of gender lens grant making to grassroots charities supporting women and girls across Greater Sydney area for over ten years now.
Sydney Women’s Fund invests, inspires and supports opportunities for local women and girls to thrive.
Like the women’s funds of New York, Washington, and London, Sydney Women’s Fund is supported by women giving together, using their profiles, ideas, skills and resources to help women and girls thrive.
Creating Equality & Opportunity for all
Sydney Women and Girls
We fundraise, grant and advocate to improve the lives of all women and girls.
- We make grants to Sydney women’s charities who provide access to education and skills, employment, mentoring and social enterprise development.
- We give women and girls opportunities to build safe and independent lives through charitable organisations in Sydney.
- We support advocacy to stop violence against women and support women to rebuild lives after violence.
In these ways we help families and communities to grow stronger.
We have already achieved success for many women and girls, breaking the cycle of intergenerational unemployment and in turn contributing to stronger family life, creating stronger, more connected communities.
We’re guided to success by four pillars:
Take action, keep up to date with Sydney Women Fund events, stories and projects via our
Follow SWF on Facebook(link is external)
Why focus on Women and Girls?
Research has shown, when women and girls earn an income, they reinvest 90% into their families compared to 30-40% from men.*
Education for women and girls is full of positives; from better health and increased confidence; new friendships and earning power.
Our work has shown women and girls earning an income is key to transforming families and the wider community.
Here’s how a cup of coffee can change a life.
Pepper’s Place Coffee Cart Social Enterprise, Warwick Farm
Empower Your Giving – Join Sydney Women’s Fund.
Ways to join:
- Get the good news to your inbox of our upcoming events, projects and all round celebrations
- Make a donation and support our 2018 Sydney Women’s Fund priority projects
- Buy the SWF x Ginger & Smart Tote 9 Reasons why this Designer Tote is making Retail Therapy, Good for Everyone